When summer comes, you may want to keep yourself cool at home by getting a ceiling fan. Ceiling fans have been proven to be effective not only in keeping people cool during hot weather but also in circulating fresh air in a room. However, many people find difficulties in choosing the right ceiling fans for the bedroom. There are many factors that come to consider here. Ceiling fans for the bedroom should be slightly different from the ones that you can use in either the outdoor or your living room. The choice of the ceiling fan will be dependent on the size of your room as well your place you will located the fan and your decorating ideas also.
Fans don’t actually cool the air in a room but instead, it creates a breeze that triggers perspiration cooling. Fans can be great accessories in your home for they can make you feel more comfortable by cooling you down. Luckily, ceiling fans comes in great design and style options that make your house look more beautiful. Therefore, you need to make the right choice when looking for a ceiling fan to use for your bedroom. Below, we look at tips for choosing a good ceiling fan for the bedroom.
What do You Need Consider to Choose a Good Ceiling Fan for Your Bedroom?
DC vs. AC
When looking for a ceiling fan for your bedroom, it is important to consider whether the fan has an AC or DC motor. The choice of the fan should be dependent on your energy expectations. The most common ceiling fans in the market run on an AC motor that is very economical to run. However, there has been an introduction of DC ceiling fans that are more efficient than their AC counterparts. This can further lower your costs as the more efficient ceiling fans will provide you with a better cooling effect per watt of power used.
The design of the ceiling fan for your bedroom is a big consideration to make. This is because ceiling fans comes in many varieties and styles and you might want to choose the one that matches with the décor of your bedroom.
Many different blade materials
- Blade material. Since there is no moisture in the bedroom, you are at liberty to choose any blade material that you want for your bedroom ceiling fan. Most ceiling fans have blades made of materials such as wood, stainless steel, plastic or aluminum. There is no difference in cooling potential of different fans made of these materials. However, fans with blades made of wood or plastic are more appropriate for the bedroom because they are quieter.
- Reverse rotation. Fans with a reverse rotation are appropriate for the bedroom because they can come handy during winter where they can push warm air that is located around the ceiling area downwards. This helps in warming up the room faster.
- Control. How you control your bedroom ceiling fan is very important. This is because you want the maximum level of comfort especially when you are in your bed. A ceiling fan can come with a pull-cord, remote control, or a wall switch. If you are able to, you should have the wall switch situated near your bed. However, for your maximum comfort, the remote controlled ceiling fan will do for you.
Ceiling fan noise
While sleeping, you want the minimum level of noise. Therefore, it is important to get a quiet ceiling fan for your bedroom. You should check out the noise level that is being generated by a ceiling fan well ahead of buying. Have the seller test the fan so that you can gauge its noise level.
Choose a good quality ceiling fan
This is a very important point when looking for a ceiling fan for your bedroom. A cheap ceiling fan can bring you more trouble than good for it will not be effective or durable as you expect. Higher quality fans have a better blade pitch that allows the fan to push more air. This is impossible with lower quality fans since their motors cannot allow for this.
It is also important to note that cheap ceiling fans produce a disturbing humming noise that is not good for the bedroom. This is because they can be disturbing while one is looking to sleep and this is not good. High quality ceiling fans are not always expensive. You can get a decent quality ceiling fan for your bedroom at a reasonable price.
The room's factors
It is important t get a bedroom ceiling fan that meets the demands of your room factors such as size, height and design. The first thing that you have to ensure when getting the fan is that, it lies 7 feet above the ground. This is very important for it can prevent injuries that can happen when the fan hits someone’s head. Also, you should consider the size of the room. If you have a large bedroom, consider getting a fan with larger blades.
Below is room's factors and solution for each type of factors:
- Ceiling type: you need to choose correct mount to attach ceiling fan to different ceiling type as below picture.
- Room size: your size of ceiling fans or how many of fans using in one room will be considered to your room size.
- Ceiling Height: You need select correct downrod length follow your ceiling height.
A nice ceiling fans in bedroom will help you to have a nice sleep each night after whole day working hard. It will bring comfortable by it cooling function also the beauty to your bedroom. After read above information, now time to consider to choose a good ceiling fan for your bedroom!