Why You Need to Replace Pull Chain for a Ceiling Fan?
Although modern ceiling fans are remote controlled, there are still people who prefer to go the traditional way by opting for pull chains ceiling fans. And replace pulling chain for a ceiling fan will be need in case:
- The original pull chain of your ceiling fan was broken.
- The original pull chain is too short need change to another longer.
- Want to change to a beautiful custom pulling chain.
If well choosing them, pull chains can add a lot of beauty to your ceiling fans. Replace a pull chain not only complements the design of your ceiling fan but also make your room become more beautiful.
How to Choose Ceiling Fan Pull Chains
Depending on the type of ceiling fan that you have at home, you should choose the right pull chain for it. Therefore, we are going to looks at some tips to choose pull chains and install it.
This is a very important because some pull chains are not compatible with ceiling fans of a different brand. It is very important to choose a chain that will be compatible with your fan. Right from the time you are looking for ceiling fans, it is advisable to think about its suitable accessories. Although most of the parts in the market are readily compatible with fans of different brands, you should look to see how it has been constructed.
As with any appliance in your house, quality matters a lot. Although many people think that the pull chain is a simple part of the whole ceiling fan, it is an important accessory that has to be of high quality. Your choice of ceiling fan in the market should be of high quality so that it cannot only be long lasting but also reflect the value of your money. The best way to determine quality of your ceiling fan pull chain is to look at the manufacturer. Some manufacturers are known for good quality pull chains while others are not. Therefore, it is important to go for such high quality brands.
Today, pull chains comes in a wide range of designs and styles. There are antique, country, Asian, animal, Victorian, jade, single and double-sided ceiling pull chain designs. The design of your pull chain is very important because it can make your ceiling fan or even the room more beautiful. The chain has to complement the looks of your fan. When going to choose a pull chain, you should go for the one that suitable with ceiling fan design. The color and general design also should complement what you have in your home. This is very important for it will enable your home to look better.
Price is another important point to consider when choosing pull chains for your ceiling fan. First, it is important to recognize that different pull chains in the market are sold at different prices. And although you want a quality pull chain, you also have to consider the price. It is necessary to go for something that is within your budget so that you can be comfortable with the purchase.
The size of your ceiling fan pull chain should be of a specific measure so that it can meet the needs of your fan. This is very important because when your pull chain does not fit in the setting, it won’t be helpful to you. The best way to do it is to measure the old chain. When you have the right length, you will be able to determine the right length for your ceiling fan pull chain.
In case of you want to change to a longer/ shorter pull chain. You should measure the length carefully to purchase the correct size you need.
It is important to choose material that is long lasting. Fibers and tough plastics are one of the most preferred ceiling fan materials. While most of metal chains look more luxury. Let choose one suit with your ceiling fan general look.
How to Replace Pull Chains for a Ceiling Fans?
Things you may need:
- A ladder
- Manual screwdriver
- First, you need to turn of the power. This is to prevent electrocution that can occur in the process
- If your fan is a style with light kit, detach it if it make you difficult on replace the pulling chain.
- Replace the pull chain outside the ceiling fan: It is very simple if you can process change the pull chain without touch to the fan. You can attach new chain into a remain part of the original pull chain then you can finish the job. Just pay attention not to make the conjunction too visible.
Replace new chain (The Spruce)
- Replace the pull chain inside the ceiling fan: In case the old pull chain broken inside the fan. Usually in this case you need to replace the new ceiling fan pull switch, because the old chain-end was broken inside the switch and cannot connect to new pull chain. This is done by loosening screws at the bottom of the fan and detaching connecting wires. Then, remove the switch and attach it back along with a new switch and pull chain. The procedure is simple if you are well conversant with it. Do not try to fix the old switch.
When using a pull chain to operate your ceiling fan, there comes a time when you’re the chain or switch gives up and it’s time to replace it. Similarly, installing a ceiling fan for the first time requires a similar procedure as replacing a broken pull chain. You can do it for yourself if you are able to as this is a simple process. Most pull chain parts cost about $5 but an electrician may charge between $50 and $100 to replace the parts. Therefore, know how to replace pull chain for a ceiling fan by yourself will save you a lot of money.