Are you looking for the best large ceiling fan for your home use, and you are wonder how to choose the right one? There are many large ceiling fans in the market now. Some are new models, some are older but still high rated by consumers. In this topic, we will go through the reason why you need a large ceiling fan, what factors to look at when choosing a ceiling fan. We also list out some best rated large ceiling might be good for your home need.
Although it is important to go for a ceiling fan that meets your needs on functionality, features, design, you also need to look at the budget and ensure that you are getting a quality product in the market. That way, you will be sure of returning value for money.
Why do you need a large ceiling fan?
Big ceiling fans are necessary for those looking to install ceiling fans in wide spaces at their homes. These types of fans offer a lot of benefits over the other smaller fans that cannot meet the extra big room cooling requirement.
- The first benefit of these fans is that they cover a large area. The big ceiling fans have large blades that push more air around your house. If you have big rooms in your house, you can go for a large ceiling fan. This is because they are designed to push large streams of air around your house and thus they can serve the big room better than smaller ceiling fans.
- The larger ceiling fans also consume less energy when compared to installing numerous ceiling fans in your house. Most big ceiling manufacturers install powerful but energy efficient motors on their products. This saves a lot of energy. As a result, they save a lot of money via energy costs.
- The large ceiling fans are easy to install. Although this may seem strange, larger ceiling fans are very easy to install. This is because they come with large mountings that attach well onto the ceiling.
- Some people thing big ceiling fans are not good looking. Actually, the good thing is, there are many different models of large ceiling fans in the market now which you can purchase. You will find out that large ceiling fans also can add a lot of beauty to your home. Some of these ceiling fans come with large wooden blades with different types of decorations. They will add style and good appearance to your home.
- Large ceiling fans can be used in all rooms. Another reason why you should choose large ceiling fans is because they can be used in different rooms or areas which are large space and high ceiling. They are designed in a way that they look good and work well whether installed in the large living room, bedroom, hallway, lobby and kitchen
- Large ceiling fans also a good choice for outdoor areas, garages, open working areas.
Factors to consider when choosing best large ceiling fans
When looking for large ceiling fans, it is important to consider the following factors:
The material and finish of the blades
One of the most important points to consider when choosing a ceiling fan is the material and finish of the blade. The best fan should have blades made f the highest quality materials. The best large ceiling fans normally come with blades made of wood, metal and plastics. So depend on where you will install the fans, choose the best material which you think it will last long with your rooms' condition.
When buying large ceiling fans, it is also important to consider the motor. The motor should be made of high quality materials and design. The wide area cooling should have a higher air flow number. Moreover, since the motor will be used for a long time, it is something that should come with a warranty of over 15 years.
Your large ceiling fan of choice should also feature energy efficiency. This because you do not want a ceiling fan that consumes excess amount of electricity and pushes your bill upwards.
If you want to a large ceiling fan for a garage or working area, the outlook of the fan may be not so that important. But for a large living room, wide lobby, luxury hallway... a beautiful ceiling fan is a need. There are many beautiful styles of ceiling fans in the market now so that you can choose the best one which can increase the appearance for the place the ceiling fan will be installed.
Some best large ceiling fans reviews:
The Minka-Aire Xtreme H2O is a great ceiling fan to have at home. This ceiling fan features 65 inch blades and a DC motor that is very efficient. The size of Minka-Aire Xtreme H2O is perfect for a medium large living room or open space in your house. You can use this ceiling fan model in both the outdoor and indoor areas. The 8 blades design with many options on color finish give you more choices when selecting a good large ceiling fan for you room. The ceiling fan is also very quiet during its operation and will not cause disturbance even when used at night.
- High airflow rating
- Energy Star certified
- Lifetime motor warranty
- Remote control
- 5 different colors to choose
- Without light
The Monte Carlo Maverick Max is on of the best outdoor ceiling fan that you can find on the market. The Monte Carlo Maverick Max ceiling fan come with DC Motor and Precision Balanced Blades for Quiet and Wobble-Free Operation. A remote control included so that we can easy operate the fan with this remote. It has 3 wooden looking blades that add a lot of beauty to your home. You can find this ceiling fan in many different color. (This style of ceiling fans also have other sizes, but 70" is most used for medium large space).
- Quiet motor
- 6 speeds remote control, can reverse rotation direction
- Light kit
- Energy star certificate for saving
- Can use for outdoor
- Many color options, please check the available color to choose the color you want
- Some user said the highest speed is not so strong as they expected
3. Westinghouse Lighting Techno II 72" Ceiling Fan -Budget Pick
The Westinghouse Lighting Techno ceiling fan is the other option that you have when it comes to large ceiling fans on the market. The Westinghouse Lighting Techno is loaded with 72 inch blades that help move air in large rooms. Also, you will find that this ceiling fan comes with a DC motor, which can save up to 60% energy consumption compare with a conventional ceiling fan. The Westinghouse Lighting Techno is also fitted with a dimmable LED light kit that can help illuminate your house. High-quality motor delivers powerful air movement and quiet performance.
- High airflow
- Lifetime motor warranty
- With dimmer function for light kit
- Some consumers feedback that their fan make clicking sounds. So pay more attention on installing job. Give feedback to Westinghouse if you still found this issue.
- Indoor use only
If you have a very large room in your house, you may want to consider the 8 blade Progress Lighting Vast Collection. As the name suggests, this ceiling fan is fitted with eight 72-inch bronze blades that push air around the room. This fan come with energy efficient DC motor, will reduce operation cost for your electric bill. You will love this unit particularly because it is powerful and flawless. The fan comes with an impressive antique design, and can be used in damp environment, outdoor.
- Very energy efficient
- Lifetime warranty on the motor
- Led dimmable light kit
- Can suitable for both indoor and outdoor
- Remote control, can reverse rotation
- 3 colors in collection
5. Fanimation Odyn 84" Ceiling Fan -High End Pick
The Fanimation Odyn Ceiling Fan is the other option that you have when looking for large ceiling fans on the market. The fan has a large blades size 84" which good for large or extra large rooms. The DC motor help to save the energy consumption, with 31 speeds will provide many level of wind as natural breeze. This ceiling fan is a Wet Rated product for indoor or outdoor use. Moreover, it also come with many special feature as Fresh Air, Safe Exit, Timer and Home Away features
- Can use in both indoor and outdoor
- Safe exit: After you push the turn off button on remote, the fan and light will work one more minute so the room will not turn to dark right after you turn off. Then you can exit the room with safe
- Timer function: you can set working schedule for your ceiling fan
- Home away features: The light of ceiling fan will turn on and off at set intervals to simulate someone being home
- Remote control, can reversible
- 4 colors to choose
- With many features it has, this fan is expensive
When looking for a large ceiling fan, it is advisable to go for the one that not only suits your budget, but also is of high quality. Moreover, it is important to look at these of your room so as not to get an oversized fan that will look abnormal in the room.
Secondly, it is important to move around so that you can find a good unit. Also, remember to get a unit from a reliable manufacturer who will give you a lifetime warranty on the motor.
Lastly your looking for a large ceiling fan for outdoor use, please make sure you choose correct fan for outdoor with wet/damp rated. So it will last long at outside weather elements.
We hope that the above review helps you find the best large ceiling fan. If you are working on a budget, you may want to consider the Westinghouse Lighting Techno. This fan is of high quality and comes at an affordable price. Remember this style only use indoor installing.
On the other hand, you may want to bigger ceiling fan with many features, Fanimation Odyn Ceiling Fan is a good choice. This unit comes with 9 blades and a very powerful motor. However, the product will cost you more money.
Whatever the case, go for a high quality product that meets your fan needs. If you have a question or suggestion on this topic, feel free to leave a comment below.