Best Ceiling Fans Reviews 2023
This is your one stop repository of information for all the best ceiling fans from across the globe. Be blown away with our comprehensive ceiling fan reviews and catch wind as we highlight our top rated ceiling fans. If you are looking for the best ceiling fan for you, look no further and scroll below.
Table of content
Best ceiling fans on the market
Here is a list of 10 best rated ceiling fans you can buy on Amazon.
Read 840+ customer reviews
Read 170+ customer reviews
Read 230+ customer reviews
Read 332+ customer reviews
Read 1300+ customer reviews
Read 178+ customer reviews
Read 469+ customer reviews
Read 101+ customer reviews
Read 250+ customer reviews
Read 40+ customer reviews
Still not find a good fan that meets your requirements?
Best ceiling fan brands comparison
It is hard to say for sure which brand is the best ceiling fan brand in the market today. Consumers each have their own opinion on which manufacturer is the best, based on what’s important to them. If you are out shopping for a ceiling fan, the sheer number of choices might overwhelm you.
To set you on the right path, here is a rundown of the best rated ceiling fans in the market based on important factors like looks, durability, price, ease of use, engineering and number of features offered. This guide gives you an idea of what to expect from each manufacturer so you can make educated decisions for your ceiling fan purchases.
Hunter’s Perfect Balance
Catering to the middle class is more difficult than it looks. Most fans nowadays are either budget ceiling fans or high end ones. However, Hunter’s best rated ceiling fans maintain a nice balance between quality and price. They’re more expensive than budget ceiling fans, but they also last longer too.
Most of Hunter ceiling fans are fitted with Energy Star certified, meaning they deliver better wind speeds without using up lots of electricity. This is what makes Hunter fans efficient – they use just enough power to do their jobs. No more, no less.
Hunter used to specialize in wood blades and old-world looks like Casablanca. These fans were lumped together in one collection named Hunter Classic. To keep up with the demand of today’s times, Hunter also release collections with ceiling fans that had updated, modern looks and designs. However, all collections are still made with the same precision, engineering and meticulous attention to detail that has made Hunter an in-demand brand.
Fact: Most of best-selling ceiling fans on Amazon are from Hunter Fan Company!
The Artistic Minka Aire
Minka Aire manufactures some of the most beautiful ceiling fans in the industry, and some of its collections have made various best rated ceiling fans lists on the basis of aesthetics alone. Their ceiling fans are anything but boring, making them perfect for people who are looking for beauty as well as functionality. Some consumers simply buy fans for cooling purposes.
However, why stop there when your ceiling fan can also be a great centerpiece for your room and blend well with the rest of your home’s theme? Minka Aire’s approach to beauty is subtle – they don’t use loud colors or wacky designs. Instead, they give their fans more personality by designing unique blade shapes.
Just because Minka Aire has grown in popularity because of its good-looking fans, doesn’t mean it’s a pushover in other fields. Various tests done on Minka Aire ceiling fans have resulted in satisfactory ratings in Airflow and energy efficiency, meaning they are not only beautiful to look at, but they do their job of producing ample airflow, without consuming too much electricity.
Powerful Emerson Fans
Out of the many manufacturers featured in this best ceiling fan brand list, Emerson takes the top prize when it comes to power. Emerson is known in the ceiling fan industry for its heavy duty motors that commercial consumers have come to know and love. Various tests were conducted on Emerson ceiling fans and most models scored and average of 99 CFM per Watt, which are the some of the best numbers the industry has seen.
Most Emerson ceiling fans are fitted with the K55 motor, which has earned the reputation of being one of the most powerful ceiling fan motors in the industry. This heavy duty motor is long-lasting and powerful enough to provide steady and consistent wind power, even for larger rooms. Emerson is a company that is secure in their standing in the industry, which is why it even supplies other manufacturers with its K55 motor!
Emerson shares its quality ceiling fan parts instead of hogging it for its own because it is an established name in the market and giving a bit to its competitors won’t hurt its popularity one bit. If your top priority on your ceiling fan purchase is power, then Emerson is the best option for you.
Uniquely Monte Carlo
Like Minka Aire, Monte Carlo also manufactures ceiling fans that have unique blade shapes and styles. Homes and buildings that have a contemporary and modern look prefer Monte Carlo ceiling fans because they are more decorative, and the blade shapes border on cutting edge and fashionable.
Its product line varies in style, so it doesn’t matter if your home is traditional or modern, there’s a Monte Carlo ceiling fan that’s right for you. They have classic wood fans that can double as grand chandeliers, and they also have minimalist fans that have sleek blade shapes.
When it comes to their ceiling fan’s ability to generate wind power, Monte Carlo does not disappoint. Its fans score top marks in energy efficiency and airflow, proving that this brand deserves to be on the list of best ceiling fan brands.
With this brand, you’ll mostly purchase it because its unique designs will catch your attention. Fortunately, you’ll find that aside from beauty, it does its job well and is definitely worth the purchase.
Functionality With Westinghouse
Westinghouse is a huge name, not just with ceiling fans, but with appliances in general. They are known for high quality appliances that are energy efficient and jam-packed with specific features to cater to the various needs of their consumers. Their ceiling fans are no exception to this, as their ceiling fan collections have different fans for different purposes.
They have the best rated ceiling fans both for outdoors and indoors. They have fans geared for lower ceilings, and for those with high ceilings. They have fans with DC motors, and those that use new lighting technology. Their ceiling fan range is one of the most diverse, as part of the company’s efforts to provide solutions to different consumer demands.
They also have one of the widest blade length variations in the industry. Westinghouse believes in creating ceiling fans for each type of room, so they have larger fans that are powerful enough to accommodate the airflow needs of large rooms like the living room, but they also have compact ceiling fans that are perfect for a closet or a laundry room.
No matter what the size of their ceiling fans are, all Westinghouse fans are built with the same high quality materials and advanced engineering that make their ceiling fans energy efficient, durable and powerful.
Casablanca’s Simple Elegance
Manufacturer Casablanca is considered as one of the best ceiling fan brands because of its consistency. Many brands try to focus on looks to attract more customers, but Casablanca believes that the only way to win people’s hearts is to give them the best workmanship possible, from the materials used to make the fan, to the way everything is put together. While Casablanca’s collection is not the most colorful or unique, these fans are long-lasting and durable.
Casablanca ceiling fans are composed of fans with blades fashioned from the highest quality wood, and the blades bring sufficient airflow even in larger rooms. Their ceiling fans might be pricier compared to some, but it’s a good investment as they last a very long time. Their fans have an old-world feel to it, and can instantly add class and charm to any traditional or wood-themed home.
In reality, there is no single best ceiling fan brand in the market. All brands mentioned in the list share the spotlight for manufacturing ceiling fans that excel in more than one category and have captured the hearts of consumers worldwide. While there are several brands available today, these are the best rated ceiling fan choices for anyone looking to purchase a ceiling fan that will give them value for their money.
Want to see your favorite brands’ ceiling fans?
Best modern ceiling fan with lights and remote – Honeywell Ceiling Fans Xerxes
The Honeywell Xerxes 62-in indoor fan with LED light and remote control is a popular ceiling fan among consumers. It is known for its sleek and modern design, powerful motor, quiet operation, and convenient remote control. The LED light adds to its functionality and enhances the overall ambiance of the room. Some users have reported difficulties with the installation process, but many have found it to be straightforward. The limited warranty period is a common complaint, but this is standard for many ceiling fans. Overall, the Honeywell Xerxes 62-in indoor fan is a good option for those looking for a stylish and functional ceiling fan with LED lighting.
Ceiling Fan Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Best cheap ceiling fan – Hunter Watson 52090
The Hunter Watson 52090 is the epitome of the saying “big things come in small packages.” Though only 34-inch blade fan, it boasts a powerful WhisperWind motor which, as the name suggests, can conjure up high wind speeds while maintaining a level of quiet that the Hunter Fan Company has been famous for making it one of the best ceiling fans for small spaces.
Even with its high level of wind speed generation, the Watson 52090 also consumes less electricity than the industry standard making it less costly to operate than other models, enshrining it as one of the top rated ceiling fans in the market today.
The Hunter Fan Company Watson is a very beautiful compact fan with five 34-inch blades that will surely move air around a small room. You can choose from cabin home and walnut for your blade’s color to fit your home décor.
This rustic ceiling fan with light is also made with WhisperWind technology on its 34 x 34 x 18.2 inch motor to ensure that you get a good night’s sleep while the fan is on. The blades are equipped with Armor nanotechnology that will repel up to 58% of dust build up that accumulates on your fan’s blades.
You can also choose among the 3 different mounting systems available: standard, flush or angled mounting. It also features an attractive light kit with 2 60w candelabra bulbs and operates in 60 watts of power.
- First, the Hunter Fan Company 52090 Watson has superb quality. It is manufactured by Hunter which has been around for more than 100 years.
- This ceiling fan fan is so easy to install once your get it out of the box.
- Compared to other rustic ceiling fans, this also gives off enough light in a room.
- For a compact fan, it will move air pretty good in your kitchen or bedroom and the motor remains very quiet throughout the night.
- This ceiling fan is the perfect size for small rooms just to get enough air flowing.
- Aside from being packed with all of these features, this beautiful looking fan is very cheap and you will surely love the detail that it will give to any room that you put it in. It is very classy, elegant and beautiful to look at with or without the lights on.
The only thing that can be improved about this fan is the size of the blades. Having small blades and a compact design won’t be enough to push air in a fairly large room.
Best rustic ceiling fan with light – Westinghouse 7800000 Brentford
The Westinghouse 7800000 Brentford is multipurpose fan that you can use either indoor or outdoor.
Unlike most rustic ceiling fans, this features a seeded glass fixture for its center light which gives it a very nice touch. The Reversible ABS blades in dark cherry shaded edges or walnut finish also makes this fan even more stylish.
It runs on a 153-millimeter by 17-millimeter silicon steel motor with triple capacitor that has 3 speeds. The package also includes 54-inch lead wire and 3/4-inch by 4-inch down rod for its mounting system.
This ceiling fan runs on 55 watts of energy and uses three Torpedo 40-watt incandescent light bulbs on its seeded glass feature. The motor has lifetime warranty.
- The Westinghouse 7800000 Brentford Five-Blade Reversible Ceiling Fan is one of the most beautiful rustic ceiling fans in the market today.
- The absolutely breath-taking light kit will surely take you back to the colonial times as it wonderfully lights up your front porch.
- This ceiling fan will surely give you enough breeze as you sit down and engage in conversations with your friends and family. It is large enough and equipped with a very powerful motor to push air in even the largest spaces.
- The blades are also made of resin instead of wood making it sturdier and more reliable.
- Seeing the intricate design of this ceiling fan may intimidate you into thinking that it’s hard to install and assemble, but the truth is, it’s very easy to do on your own and you only need an hour or two to secure it.
This fan is more expensive than other rustic style ceiling fans out there. It also doesn’t have a remote control to use with it. And compare to the motor, it only has a two years warranty on all other parts.
Best traditional ceiling fan – Casablanca 59510 Panama DC
The Casablanca 59510 Panama DC 54-Inch 5-Blade Ceiling Fan is the best traditional ceiling fan with its 5 blades that are 54 inches long and a very powerful DC motor that makes it even more efficient in larger areas.
The architectural design of this fan coupled with its Snow White finish is very popular in Boston row houses and West Hollywood bungalows. The optional center light will also take care of your lighting needs with its dimming technology to suit every situation.
Aside from the 54 inch 5 blade design, this top rated ceiling fan also has an amazing 6 speed technology and a remote control included in the package. Casablanca made sure that it also has a snow white finish to add elegance to its appeal. The powerful motor is also energy star certified meaning it uses less energy with its 14.4 x 23 x 10.9 inch motor and operates with 32.4 watts of power.
The Casablanca Panama is an excellent, perfect ceiling fan with 6 speed settings that can move tons of air. I found out that it’s not at all complicated to put together and easy to install. It also comes with a 3 inch down rod for my convenience.
I also found out that if I was not satisfied with my fan, Casablanca will send a professional to service it and its parts. The Casablanca fan also has lifetime warranty and 120 day in home service guarantee with 1 year electronics and parts warranty for your peace of mind.
Ceiling Fan Rating: (5 / 5)
Ceiling Fan Types
The modern day ceiling fan has evolved from being a mere functional electrical fixture to interactive fixtures that not just provide efficient airflow but also enhance the aesthetic appeal of the room it’s installed in. Your decision-making when choosing the best ceiling fan for your room should include considerations if they will complement or overpower the current thematic aspects of the enclosed space.
It is rather fortunate for you that manufacturers have created a wide line of ceiling fan designs that can suit any aesthetic you have in mind. Lightning Ceiling fans will feature ceiling fan reviews (see above) for the most popular and ubiquitous ceiling fan types. If you are looking for the top rated ceiling fans for each type, we will provide you with a definitive guide that will aid your purchase.
- Mission Style Ceiling Fans. These ceiling fans are characterized by the interplay of their metallic and wooden elements. Though the name refers to the Spanish Missions that inhabited colonial California, its aesthetics weren’t derived from those settlements but were drawn up from the American Arts and Crafts movement. Mission Style Ceiling Fans usually consist of a motor with a dark metallic finish with wooden blades attached.
- Rustic Style Ceiling Fans. As the name suggests, the Rustic Style Ceiling Fans have a country setting in mind and wouldn’t be out of place in a lodge, log cabin or rooms that embrace a rustic vibe with its décor. Though finely-crafted, these fans usually employ an intricately-rugged look to accentuate its rural vibe. It wouldn’t be unusual to see engravings or design elements that draw inspiration from the fauna or flora of the countryside.
- Kiddy Style Ceiling Fans. A kid’s world can be full of wonders and their rooms can be their virtual playground where their fantasy universe comes to life. Your ceiling fan fixture may not need to be out of place in these realms with the variety of color and designs that can only serve to further fuel your child’s imagination. Designs drawing inspiration from sports, fantasy elements to fighter planes are available to any discerning parent that wants to add some personality into their kid’s living spaces.
- Transitional ceiling fans. They are a mix between the traditional and contemporary style. The lines of a transitional fan are smoother and less geometrical than contemporary style fans. The design of transitional is also considered to be more modern and up-to-date when compared to traditional fan designs. Transitional style fans can also be used in both contemporary and transitional setting because of its flexible design. The most popular transitional fans are those with built in lights.
Man has never been as dependent to its appliances to provide environmental comfort as he is today as we begin to feel the effects of extreme weather conditions. With summers getting hotter by the year, there is lingering temptation to turn on any device to keep us from being baked in heat and soaked in sweat. Though an air conditioner seems like an obvious choice in lowering temperatures, a compelling argument can be made for the use ceiling fans as a way of keeping yourself comfortable. Here are a variety of factors you might want to consider:
- Installation. Air-conditioning units come in different form factors all of which require a rather intensive setup during installation. Depending on your chosen air-conditioning model and room configuration, you might need to break down a small section of your wall, drill holes for pipes or install air ducts. Whatever you choose, it will cost you money if you hire a contractor or a lot of your time if you are the DIY kind of guy. The best ceiling fans can easily fit or replace an existing ceiling mounted fixture.
- Electrical Configurations. Thermodynamic physics indicate that it will require more energy to lower air temperature than to move it. To accommodate this increased energy consumption, your air-conditioning unit will require its own direct connection to your main panel with high capacity wiring to prevent it from overloading the circuitry. Ceiling fans require far less electricity to operate and can easily integrate into an existing ceiling circuitry without much burden on the local grid. Ceiling fans also have swag wiring options that can allow you to just plug it into a wall socket should the ceiling be devoid of existing wiring setups.
- Operating Costs. A typical air-conditioning unit will usually run on 1.2 kilowatts of electricity compared to the top rated ceiling fans that tend to consume only 30 watts while during operation. A window-type air-conditioning unit would on average cost around $50 to operate monthly compared to the $2 cost of operating a ceiling fan. Air-conditioning units tend to work harder when “catching up” to a certain temperature consuming more energy in the process, necessitating its extended use before the desired effect is felt or leaving it on for the entire day just to maintain the temperature. The cooling effect of a ceiling fan is usually instantaneous when switched on and you can easily turn it off when you leave the room.
- Best ceiling fans can be very cheap. Some are below $100.
How to choose a good ceiling fan
Ceiling fans have evolved over time from its early days being run by a water turbine to the modern day configurations with energy-efficient features and high class aesthetics. There are a vast array of choice options for any person in the market for them and choosing the right one for the area of installation may prove to be a tricky balance of form and practical logistics. This guide will help demystify any lingering questions on what to consider when choosing your ceiling fan.
- The first thing any discerning buyer should consider is the location of the ceiling fan’s installation. The decision whether this installation will be outdoors and indoors will create a major stratification of your choices. Indoor ceiling fans are not designed to withstand dampness or outdoor environmental elements and may breakdown when exposed to them. Modern enhancements have expanded any outdoor installation options based on varying environmental conditions.
- Wet-rated ceiling fans are appropriate for completely exposed locations that have exposure to rain and snow. Damp-rated fans can be installed for patios and porches that aren’t really at risk of rain exposure or “wet” indoor areas like bathrooms and laundry rooms. For installations near the beach or ocean front, there are fans that are able to resists the effects of wind salinity ensuring extended years of operation in such environments or the preservation of its aesthetics from corrosion.
- Ceiling fans tends to have a critical role in indoor air circulation and the location of their installation is key to ensuring their optimal efficiency in aeration. Since ceiling fans do not actually change the overall temperature but merely manipulate air mass composition with the room levels, strategic placement of specific areas of the room will be needed if the desired effect is to be achieved. Depending on the size of the room, a big fan may be situated at the center of the room’s ceiling or several smaller fans at different pockets of the area.
- The diameter of the ceiling fan may depend on the size of the room itself. Installing a big fan to a small room may overpower the rest of the room’s aesthetics and conjure up a storm when being operated. A small fan in a big room will be fairly ineffective in regulating airflow and will just waste electricity.
- Small bedrooms, kitchens and walk-in closets have really closed quarters and only need a 30-inch ceiling fan to effectively keep those rooms adequately ventilated. Medium-sized rooms and enclosures measuring to around 144 square feet would require a ceiling fan with a 42-inch diameter to keep optimum air circulation. Much bigger rooms like family rooms and dining rooms might require a 52-inch diameter ceiling fan due to the vast expanse of open spaces that would require coverage.
- Considerations on ceiling height might affect the actual installation of the ceiling fan itself. Most ceiling fans come with multiple mounting options that allow for some level of flexibility in terms of the actual distance of the fans from the ceiling. This can also affect aesthetic choices since some ceiling fan designs may tend to actually look better with a longer down rod than being installed with the traditional or hugger design that is much closer to the ceiling.
- Low ceilings are usually confined into hugger mount options for safety reasons. Ceilings that are higher than 8 feet would require varying lengths of the down rod length if effective airflow is to be kept at optimal efficiency. Sloped ceilings may still feature a levelled installation and would require a down rod to ensure the ceiling fan’s blades to don’t touch the ceiling’s surface and cause lasting damage to the fan’s blades or the ceiling.
- In conjunction with the actual ceiling height, the distance from the ground to the height level of the blades needs to be taken into account if optimal air circulation is to be achieved. For safety reasons, building codes usually mandate of a floor-to-blade distance of 7 feet though this figure may vary depending on your local government’s regulations. A fan blade distance from the floor of 8-9 feet is considered to be sweet spot for air flow efficiency.
- You will next consider the area’s electrical layout. Depending on your chosen ceiling fan’s energy needs, your ceiling’s electrical circuit should be accommodate this without overloading the entire ceiling circuit. In case your existing wiring is unable to meet the electricity requirements of your replacement fan, a new circuit must be setup from your house’s main panel to the ceiling fan.
- If this is a totally new installation with no preexisting circuit accommodations, the area where to hang the fan must be prepared. Some ceiling fans come with swag wiring options that can make use of existing wall outlets. Whatever wiring options you might want to consider, it is best to consult an electrician before proceeding any further.
- For most buyers, price will be a major determining factor in making your eventual purchase. Be wary of choosing the cheapest option as they lack the tight workmanship of the more expensive varieties with their structural integrity fraught with wobbles. “Streamlined” design cost-cutting decisions can also lead to a reduced amount of air circulation at specific speeds compared to higher end options.
- Cheaper ceiling fans have also taken steps in further reducing cost by employing a design that reduces the blade pitch angle. Greater blade pitches will result in greater masses of air moved due to its increased angle which in turn means having to deal with greater air resistance to achieve this effect. To keep this motion optimal, the blades need to be run by powerful motors. Manufacturers would cut cost be reducing the drag on the blade pitch angle to prevent any unsustainable toll on their cheaper and weaker motors.
- Ceiling fans have also come of age employing modern day features like remote controls, configurable blades, reversible movements and post-installation modifiable light kits. They also come in a variety of aesthetics that obscure or conceal the actual fan or function as pieces of art themselves. Whatever extra bells and whistles you wish to employ, know that there hundreds of options for you.
Thank you for visiting our site. Happy buying best ceiling fans!